Businesses across Newfoundland and Labrador have an important role to play in creating a greener future for our environment. By creating a more sustainable office, you can help reduce waste, improve your bottom line and increase employee morale.
Think about it
The average employee generates 1 tonne of loose garbage every year. That’s over 100 household garbage cans per person.
92% of college graduates want to work for environmentally responsible employers.
Get started at your workplace!
- Greener Future Team – big changes can start with a champion or small team approach.
- Environmental Policy Guide – show your organization’s commitment to sustainability.
- Green Procurement Policy Guide – reduce your environmental impact through purchasing products and services that are environmentally sustainability.
- Office Recycling Program Guide – help your organization set up centralized recycling stations to cut down on materials sent to the landfill.
- Green Meetings Guide – ensure that all aspects – administration, location, food services – are taken into account in order to significantly reduce waste and environmental impact.
- Waste-Free Lunch Guide – help your staff learn how to save lunch money, reduce waste and eat healthier too.
- 3R Office Checklist – see how well your business is reducing waste, conserving energy and water and helping to protecting the environment.
Below, are a few more of our favourite resources.
- Download MMSB’s Green Guide for Bed and Breakfast Owners owners.
- MMSB’s Solid Waste Management Innovation Fund can help you turn your unique waste management idea into a business opportunity.
- NEIA’s (Newfoundland and Labrador Environmental Industry Association) resource guide for Green Tourism in Newfoundland and Labrador.